You may design a power point, a video, or anything else that this system will support.
This is the information that should be included:
1. Name of Mythological Character
3.First noted in literature: where and when?
4.Give passage where character is first mentioned: quote from text:
5. Other instances of appearance in other works:
6. Major role?
7. Myths associated with your figure: detailed
8. Significance to Ancient Greeks?
9. Relationship with other gods?
10. What about the “unexplainable” does your character represent?
11.Is there a moral or lesson taught by your character? Explain
12. Can your character be considered a “hero”?
13. Does your character have physical and psychological and emotional characteristics similar to humans? Why or why not?
14. Would your character inspire the ancient Greeks? How?
15. How does this character relate to our modern world? Examples that we can find today:
16. Three intellectual, thoughtful questions to generate a class discussion. Asking about physical characteristics will not work. Your questions must be sophisticated and on a higher level.
The chosen character is: Athena
You may design a power point, a video, or anything else that this system will support. This is the information that should be included: 1. Name of Mythological Character 2. Iconography 3.First noted
Assignment: Regulation for Nursing Practice Staff Development Meeting Nursing is a very highly regulated profession. There are over 100 boards of nursing and national nursing associations throughout the United States and its territories. Their existence helps regulate, inform, and promote the nursing profession. With such numbers, it can be difficult to distinguish between BONs and nursing associations, and overwhelming to consider various benefits and options offered by each. Both boards of nursing and national nursing associations have significant impacts on the nurse practitioner profession and scope of practice. Understanding these differences helps lend credence to your expertise as a professional. In this Assignment, you will practice the application of such expertise by communicating a comparison of boards of nursing and professional nurse associations. You will also share an analysis of your state board of nursing. To Prepare: Assume that you are leading a staff development meeting on regulation for nursing practice at your healthcare organization or agency. Review the NCSBN and ANA websites to prepare for your presentation. The Assignment: (9- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation) Develop a 9- to 10-slide PowerPoint Presentation that addresses the following: Describe the differences between a board of nursing and a professional nurse association. Describe the geographic distribution, academic credentials, practice positions, and licensure status of members of the board for your specific region/area. Who is on the board? How does one become a member of the board? Describe at least one federal regulation for healthcare. How does this regulation influence delivery, cost, and access to healthcare (e.g., CMS, OSHA, and EPA)? Has there been any change to the regulation within the past 5 years? Explain. Describe at least one state regulation related to general nurse scope of practice. How does this regulation influence the nurse’s role? How does this regulation influence delivery, cost, and access to healthcare? Describe at least one state regulation related to Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs). How does this regulation influence the nurse’s role? How does this regulation influence delivery, cost, and access to healthcare?