Unit VII Case Study
Paramedic Sanders was called to the residence of a man who was feeling extremely ill. Upon arrival, the man showed very weak extremities and was unable to ambulate or raise his head. He was possibly showing signs of respiratory insufficiency, and yet he was still alert. However, the patient was unable to open his eyes. After taking a complete patient history from his wife, she alerted the paramedics the patient was given a diagnosis of myasthenia gravis in the past.
Answer the following questions.
- What is myasthenia gravis?
- How does the disease affect the muscle system on a cellular level?
- According to standard treatment protocols, what treatment modalities would you elect to utilize on this patient?
- Explain why you selected to utilize this protocol treatment. How is it effective physiologically on the patient s body?
- If the treatment you utilized on-site is successful, what should the patient s outcome be after treatment?
You must utilize at least two outside, reputable sources when answering these questions, and your final submission must be a minimum of three pages in length. Follow APA Style when constructing this assignment, including in-text citations and references for all sources that are used. Please note that no abstract is needed.