- Attributes and Evaluation of Discussion Contributions.
- Professional Communications and Writing Guide.
- Graduate Psychology Discussion Rubric.
- PSY5002 & PSY5005 Research Guide.
- Think Critically About Source Quality.
As mentioned in the unit introduction, at the core of psychology in practice is the use of techniques, strategies, and best practices based on the highest-quality research available (APA, 2014). It is not enough to locate research related to your topic. The research must be relevant to your particular problem or situation and present valid findings that you may apply in the field.
For this discussion, respond to the following questions:
- What 3 peer-reviewed articles did you find related to your research question? Give a short summary and provide the APA citation for each article.
- How did you determine whether an article was relevant to your research question?
- What strategies did you use to ensure the articles you located were worthy of use in psychology practice?
- What criteria did you use to evaluate the authority, credibility, and scholarliness of the articles within the field of psychology?
If you did not consider these questions as you completed your research, go back and evaluate the articles you located. Use the tools listed in the resources for assistance. If you had any trouble evaluating research, use this discussion to receive support from your peers and instructor to work through your challenges.