3011.1.1: Strategy As a Process – The graduate identifies the strategic process and the execution of a strategic plan.
3011.1.2: Fundamental Perspectives on Strategy – The graduate assesses the fundamental perspectives on strategic decision-making using analytical tools.
3011.1.3: Winning Strategies and Maximizing Strategic Power – The graduate analyzes generic strategies for winning a competitive advantage and determines how to apply maximum strategic power.
3011.1.4: International and Multi-Business Strategies – The graduate assesses the value of competing in international markets and determines the risks and rewards of diversification strategies.
3011.1.5: Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental Sustainability, and Strategy – The graduate analyzes the concepts of ethics, corporate social responsibility, and environmental sustainability and assesses the impact these policies have on strategic decision-making.
3011.1.6: The Framework for Communicating and Executing Strategy – The graduate evaluates the framework necessary to effectively execute strategy.
You will use your analysis from task 1 to create a business strategy for the company you chose in task 1. While there is no minimum length, this business strategy should be concise while addressing all the topics listed in the prompts below.
Note: Any information that would be considered confidential, proprietary, or personal in nature should not be included in the actual task submission to WGU. Do not include the actual names of people, suppliers, the organization(s), or other identifiable information. Fictional names should be used. Also, organization-specific data, including financial information, should not be included but should be addressed in a general fashion as appropriate. Work performed for a client or an employer is their property and should not be used without written permission.
A. Create a business strategy in report format by doing the following:
1. Create an executive summary that includes the following points:
• the vision, mission, and value statement of the business
• the execution of a strategy
• the financial evaluation of the strategy
• a conclusion or summary of the business strategy
2. Discuss the vision, mission, and values statement completed in task 2, part A1.
3. Justify the analytical tools used in developing your strategy.
4. Include the detailed SWOT analysis from task 1.
5. Discuss your plan for maintaining competitive advantage.
6. Discuss the implications of competing in international markets.
7. Discuss a diversification strategy that should be considered in your business strategy.
8. Discuss at least one ethical consideration of your strategy.
9. Discuss your planned execution of the strategy.
10. Discuss how you would use ROI (return on investments) and cost-benefit analysis as part of your business strategy.
11. Create a conclusion for your business strategy.
B. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.