“The Relationship Between Language and Thinking”
- Research a quote about language and thought.
- For example, a quote by philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein, believed that thought without language was impossible: “The limits of my language are the limits of my life.”
- Next, examine whether or not it is possible to think without using language.
- Argue for or against the ways a person might enact “languageless” thinking.
- If you believe it is not possible, describe the major problems with languageless thinking.