You will continue your analysis this week and focus on the relationship between epidemiology and public health. Your skill in public health is essential to promoting health in your community, regardless of which health care sector your future career takes you to.
Preparing for This Assignment:
Review the P.E.R.I.E. model and process described in Ch. 2, Evidenced-Based Public Health, of your course textbook, Public Health 101: Improving Community Health (3rd ed.).
Using the issue or disease you chose for your Week 2 – Public Health Websites Analysis assignment, create a 12- to 16-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes to summarize your findings. In your presentation: Mental health
Explain epidemiology and its relationship to public health.
Describe the selected issue or disease.
Identify the underlying nature and cause of the selected issue or disease.
- Analyze the uses and effects of demographic data, surveillance data, and vital statistics in public and community health.
- Identify the demographics and effect of the selected issue or disease on the community.
- Determine if the effects cross from community to state or national levels.
- Analyze possible solutions for the selected issue or disease.
- Identify possible solutions.
- Explain how the solutions were, or might be, successful.
- Recommend additional suggestions for treatment or resolution.
- Explain how the P.E.R.I.E. model served as a guide to understand the cause.